Saturday, May 5, 2007

My Memories of Mary Fran Jarrold (by Nancy Jarrold -- step-daughter)

One of the most wonderful memories I have of Mary Fran is her immaculately kept house. Her sense of beauty and order made me feel that all things were well in the world and all things were possible. I always felt inspired after visiting her to make my home as immaculate as hers. She made it seem like it was effortless and easy to have everything so clean and well-organized and made her home easy to be in.

Also her many interesting stories of working with the stewardess union inspired me to become a staunch union supporter, and I have never changed in that regard. Due to Mary Fran's influence and inspiration my first job out of college was a union representative for an office workers union in Boston. I enjoyed and never tired of her stories about her work with American Airlines, the famous, rich, and ordinary people she met, and her dedication to her work for justice, the very strong friendships she made and kept for many years with her coworkers, and the Kiwi organization. I was very proud of Mary Fran's achievements in American Airlines and whenever the time was appropriate I would proudly tell people that my step-mother was a stewardess for American Airlines and active in the union for many years.

1 comment:

Alexi Holford said...

I wish I could have seen her house, heard her stories, and gotten some pearls of wisdom about life from Madame Mary Fran. Thanks, Nancy, for posting your memories. I am thinking of you all.