Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Mom's Autobiography: My Life in A Nutshell

This is one of two brief essays Mary Fran wrote, apparently for a 50 Year class reunion at her High School -- Old Trail. The other essay is called ``Mom's Autobiography: The Flight of Fifty Years."

MY LIFE IN A NUTSHELL


Mary Frances Dannemiller Jarrold

Graduated Old Trail School - 1948

Graduated College, Akron University - 1952

Became an American Airlines Stewardess in August of 1952, logging over one million miles in my twelve years as a stewardess. I traveled throughout the world during these twelve wonderful years.

Fell in love and married Jerome Thomas Jarrold in 1964. Our first son, William Lawrence was born in 1966 and our second son, Thomas Edward was born in 1969.

We built a home in Easton, Connecticut in 1969. My married years I spent happily as a typical housewife enjoying my home and becoming an ardent gardener. I was active in my community and served on various town boards.

While my children were in college, I returned to work in the Real Estate field in Westport, CT which I have continued until today.

In 1994 my husband passed away after a brief illness This was devastating to me and my boys. However I have remained active and involved to cope with my loss.

Sold my home in Easton in 1996 and moved to Scarsdale, New York.

Just recently I purchased a condominium in Akron. I look forward to returning to my roots and ready to enjoy my "second childhood".

These past fifty year have been good to me. I am grateful for the many opportunities and experiences life has given to me. It seems like yesterday that I graduated from Old Trail.

Time flies!

No comments: